Not spam: serious inquiry. ISO release 500+MB 05052013 boot problem on qemu

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 8 11:18:41 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 05:42:04AM -0400, Michael Copeland wrote:
> If you're having that much trouble, I'll cross compile 10 for ppc32 and
> make dist for you. I'll host it on my server or I'll put it on box.com
> I'll mail it to you if you want. This is not a Tier 1 system, you're not
> going to get as much attention as you would from the other lists. These
> systems are beyond of life. [...]

In Desmond's defense, I'd say that playing and relentlessly trying to
breathe a life into those old machines and make them run FreeBSD helps the
Project to build nice and more stable system overall.  While he probably
could have had more luck if he had switched to NetBSD or GNU/Linux, I guess
we owe him something for being so keen on running FreeBSD.  That keenness
deserves him some help if/when we here (that is, on this list) can provide.

./danfe