CURRENT on Mac Mini does not boot for a week...

Andrey V. Elsukov ae at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 2 11:30:36 UTC 2011

On 02.12.2011 15:17, Milan Obuch wrote:
> As partition map is rejected, root file system can't be mounted from
> disk, but I can mount root file system from USB flash disk.
>
> Any idea here what could be wrong? Is this integrity check something
> just freshly introduced in CURRENT? What does it check, actually?
> Everything worked in 9 and still works in yesterday compiled
> 9-PRERELEASE, it worked with 10-CURRENT up until a week (see at the
> beginning of this message), but not after that point.

Hi,

i think it happened after r228061.
And, probably, you have partition that overlaps APM boundaries.
If you enable verbose boot mode you will see what is incorrect.
As temporary solution you can disable integrity check with this loader
tunable: kern.geom.part.check_integrity="0".
It will be good if you send GEOM_PART' messages from verbose log,
also output of `gpart list` will be helpful.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov