Apple Tumbler and Snapper audio: looking for testers

Marco Trillo marcotrillo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 08:23:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Justin Hibbits <jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu> wrote:
> I applied the patch, and got all the same output on my MDD as in your email, but
> there is no /dev/pcm0.  I do have a /dev/sndstat, and /dev/mixer0.  The
> following is the output of /dev/sndstat:

Thanks for testing it!

As Nathan commented, the pcm drivers "create" various /dev/dsp and
/dev/audio device nodes. They are created "on demand" using devfs, so
they will not appear when doing a ls in the /dev directory until they
are opened for the first time, in this case by an audio player.

Thanks,
Marco.