Apologies for failing.

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 9 19:55:16 UTC 2008

Hi Horst,

>- Get X
>- Get Xfce

 You'll have to build these from source. Best to leave
overnight. Configuring the Xorg server is a bit of an
adventure, though there are a few NetBSD configs out there to
copy from.

>- Get SXEmacs

 I'd love to see that running on PPC :) Last time I looked at
Emacs, there was quite a bit of build glue to get it going.
Too complicated for my patience at the time.

>- Try and get the AIX/PPC binaries for Netscape Communicator
4 to run ;)

 Firefox doesn't built at the moment: it requires a
cut'n'paste of the Net/OpenBSD ppc asm glue in XPCOM.

 Now, doing an AIX binary emulation for FreeBSD is certainly a
large task :)

later,

Peter.