The only box that can't mount its own install media.

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Thu Oct 9 15:19:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 01:22 +1100, Horst Günther Burkhardt III wrote:
> I realise that this email may sound like a bad joke. Believe me it is
> not.
>
> I would like to know i can boot into BSD without needing a CD to boot
> from, before I start building my world.
>
> To this end I attempted to set up the bootloader as instructed earlier
> (boot.tbxi) by simply copying it to the root of the HFS partition. It
> would appear however that my computer will have none of that.
>
> So, next thing to try is copying /boot/loader from the CD to /loader on
> the HFS partition, as i was also instructed by another ML user.
[...]
> Also, to whoever shouted out earlier about improved UDMA support in the
> kernel, can I have links to the relevant downloads? I'm going to rebuild
> this thing anyhow so I may as well use the niceties :)
>
> Cheers.
>
>  -- Horst.

Disregard that, i suck ... CD spindles.

I figured out the mount problem.

media's mounted, now I need to figure out how the loader works. Any
volunteers to explain what drops where? (i'm using hfsutils, i have no
os x anymore)

Also, is there any more "elegant" bootloader for PPC that could be
used?