Console ScrollBack on G4

Nick Coleman ncoleman at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 9 01:28:33 UTC 2008

I've just installed 7.0 on an old G4 iMac I was given.  It was quite an
experience as I've never used a Mac or FreeBSD before, so I had to learn
  about two new environments at the same time.  Talk about the blind
leading the blind :).  (Many thanks to Peter Grehan's notes on the PPC
install, couldn't have done it without them.)

Anyway, I'm compiling a bunch of stuff on ports right now.  I take it
there are no binaries for Xorg?  My question is: how do you scroll back
the console buffer (sysconsole) with a Mac keyboard, since there isn't a
Pause key.

Many thanks,
Nick