Apple Screamer Audio: looking for testers

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Tue Oct 7 19:52:46 UTC 2008

Hi again,

Andreas Tobler wrote:

> Thanks for telling me. I'm not used to play with sound on my machines :)
>
> Ok, still building mpg321, was missing qt stuff etc.
>
> But nevertheless, I tried to play a bit around and I feel I have some
> basic issues which do not work.
> You say cdcontrol does not need sound support at all, do I expect
> correctly that I should get some sound out of my box then?
> Well, I do not get anything out of it right now. I followed the
> handbook's advices and cat'ed a file to /dev/dsp, nothing.

Just fyi, I discovered that I have three plugs to plugin headphones, two
on the front side and one at the right side where all other plugs are
located. (enet, usb, etc.) As said it's an imac.
If I plug my headphones in on the right side and cat a 'file' to
/dev/dsp I get some noise. I do not get noise on speaker nor on the
other plugs.

Still waiting for mpg321 for finishing...

Does this ring something?
TIA,
Andreas