bootloader installation

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Tue Oct 7 17:09:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 18:31 +0200, Marco Trillo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmm... since you listed "disk1" and "disk0" before, do you have two
> hard disks? If so, it is possible that the "hd" OF alias is not
> picking the correct disk where you installed FreeBSD.

Yes, I have two hard disks. the 'hd' alias looks right, but I'm not
familiar enough with OF to tell.

0 > devalias hd
         /pci at f2000000/@d/mac-io at 7/ata-4 at 1f000/disk at 0 ok
0 >

> What is the output of the "devalias hd" command in OF, and what type
> of disks are "disk0" and "disk1" (ATA, USB, etc.) ?

Both disks are UDMA100, on the ATA bus. Internal, naturally.

> Regards,
> Marco.

Is there any chance we could speak in realtime, such as on the ppc
chatroom on freenode? (if you're on freenode, i'm PeanutHorst) I ask
merely because it may be ... easier.