Apple Screamer Audio: looking for testers

Marco Trillo marcotrillo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:13:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> wrote:

>>> This is one I own and it runs with CURRENT now.
>>>
>>> Tell me what to do. I picked the aoa.c from one your recent mails plus
>>> the
>>> dbma patch. Is there something else needed?
>>
>> Thank you for the interest!
>
> [snip]
>

>> Hope it works fine for you,
>
> Unfortunately, no. Silence. But this might be due to the fact that I do
> something wrong.
> I do not have the aifftools, so I simply tried the cdcontrol and there
> nothing happens, silence.

The 'cdcontrol' utility uses the CD drive itself to play the CD, it
does not use the system digital audio device -- in fact it does not
need sound support at all.

To use the system audio device you can use a digital player -- many
are available from the ports collection, for example "mpg321" for MP3
files. To play CDs you can rip the tracks from the CD with a tool such
as "cdda2wav",  "cdparanoia" or others, and then play the digital
files with an audio player .
The "aiffopen" utility is an example of such a player which reads AIFF
files only.

Thanks!

Marco.