ADB mouse fixup

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sun Nov 2 10:43:36 PST 2008

* Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org> wrote:
> That is really strange. As it happens, the code currently there for high
> buttons is to handle an external ALPS Glidepoint touchpad I have with 3
> buttons that gives button events on buttons 1,2, and 4. The rest of my
> hardware behaves correctly, and the ALPS device reports itself as a
> mouse, not a trackpad, so I think the patch is fine. Crazy Apple
> hardware...

Yeah, it is pretty strange. Though I think we may find this useful in
the future. Each time you use the touch pad, it reports button 5 events.
I suspect that when you use two fingers (not supported by my model) it
returns a different button, though I can't confirm.

I see there's also another small issue with my touch pad. For some
reason X11 doesn't process any click events if I don't move the pointer
after I've clicked/released the button. I'll investigate.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/