ADB mouse fixup

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 2 09:23:47 PST 2008

Ed Schouten wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After getting Xorg working on my Powerbook 12", I noticed the mouse
> driver did something strange w.r.t. mouse buttons. After adding printf's
> to the source code, I noticed it generated button 2 clicks each time I
> just touched the pad.
>
> It turns out there is this a piece of code in the ADB mouse driver that
> converts events of buttons that exceed the amount of buttons of the
> device to button events of the last available button. Disabling this
> code makes the mouse driver work properly.
>
> Any comments on the attached patch before I commit it to SVN? Thanks!

That is really strange. As it happens, the code currently there for high
buttons is to handle an external ALPS Glidepoint touchpad I have with 3
buttons that gives button events on buttons 1,2, and 4. The rest of my
hardware behaves correctly, and the ALPS device reports itself as a
mouse, not a trackpad, so I think the patch is fine. Crazy Apple hardware...
-Nathan