BMAC Ethernet Driver

Nathan Whitehorn nathanw at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 25 01:12:44 UTC 2008

>> Source: http://home.physics.wisc.edu/~nwhitehorn/bm.tgz
>>
>> The source is set up to build a kernel module. I haven't tried any
>> integration with the build system yet.
>
> It panics on my blue and white iMac with message:
> en irq out of range
>
> It's pretty strange, since the irq displayed is 42, which is
> smaller than the limit.

I realized I left out a patch to macio.c that is required to use devices
with multiple interrupts. It can be found here:

http://home.physics.wisc.edu/~nwhitehorn/macio-multi-interrupt.patch

> BTW, I think it makes sense to move dbdma code out of driver
> and make it a generic subsystem, since it can be used by other
> drivers as well.

That's the plan. Right now, it doesn't depend on the bm code in any way
-- it's just in there for distribution purposes. I'm going to have a go
at awacs support (the built-in audio) in the near future, which also
uses DBDMA. DMA for the built-in ATA controllers on G4 systems also
requires it, as may some other things. I don't have any G4 machines, though.
-Nathan