BMAC Ethernet Driver

Nathan Whitehorn nathanw at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 19 01:20:07 UTC 2008

Here is a first draft of a driver for the BMAC(+) built-in ethernet
found at least on G3 macs. It is based on some earlier work by Peter
Grehan, and some parts of it have been lifted from the FreeBSD gem driver.

It works well on my 400 MHz blue & white G3, which has a BMAC+
controller. I'd appreciate testing on earlier machines, which have
buggier controllers (early G3 iMacs especially).

Source: http://home.physics.wisc.edu/~nwhitehorn/bm.tgz

The source is set up to build a kernel module. I haven't tried any
integration with the build system yet.
-Nathan