Success on G4 XServe

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Thu Jan 24 17:19:05 PST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:22:41AM -0600, Kevin Day wrote:
> [...]
>> 3) The onboard "gem" ethernet interface doesn't seem to work right. I
>> can dhcp an address, but connecting to anything doesn't seem to work.
>> I haven't been able to troubleshoot any further. A bge interface on a
>> PCI card works fine.
>>

> Would you show me the output of 'ifconfig gem0'?
> Also how about trying attached patch?

gem0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu
1500
         options=b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU>
         ether 00:0a:95:75:6e:d0
         inet 69.31.99.18 netmask 0xffffffc0 broadcast 69.31.99.63
         status: active

I can SSH to the system and do some light work, but attempting to
download any large-ish file results in the interface hanging.  Even
applying the patch doesn't seem to fix it. I did just discover that
unplugging/replugging the ethernet cable brings it back to life though.

If you'd like remote access to this system let me know and I could
arrange something.

-- Kevin