osx/ppc freebsd dualboot?

carlos duarte philipkthompson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:49:36 PDT 2007

certain recent developments,

such as this, and this and this
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3595
http://www.matasano.com/log/981/a-roundup-of-leopard-security-features/
http://www.heise-security.co.uk/articles/98120

have made me wary of my complacency with osx.

i'm about to reluctantly take the leopard plunge anyway, but more than
ever, my goal is full-transition. since the beginning i was quite
partial to the bsd way, and freebsd has been my first unix, and will
continue to be my server os for a long time. but now i intend to
channel the full power of this 400mHz g4 into desktop worksation
undertakings. most of the multimedia/graphics stuff i use is
opensource anyway, so it was only a matter of time.

i'd like to know if anyone out there has any info on how to establish
a dualboot osx/ppcfreebsd machine. any and all help will be greatly
appreciated.

-carlos