Adding PMU support for Apple PPC-based computers

bruce at cran.org.uk bruce at cran.org.uk
Wed Oct 31 05:30:45 PDT 2007

I recently installed FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 on my 1GHz G4 iBook.  I got it
installed without too many problems, but noticed that it's only running
at 356MHz - from reading previous posts I gather it's because FreeBSD
doesn't support the PMU, which needs programmed to take the CPU up to its
full speed.  Is anyone already working on this, or is it something I
could take a look at to see what would need done to support it?

--
Bruce Cran