Keyboards and new PowerBook G4s [Was: Re: KBD_INSTALL_CDEV]

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 20 18:25:58 PST 2005

>I just now tried booting SNAP-7.0 on my PowerBook which is
of the
>newer variety where the internal keyboard is USB, and it
wasn't
>usable. I tried booting by doing set
hint.pcib.1.skipslot=26 (since
>it has Bluetooth) and that also didn't work.

 Have a go without the boot variable: that was intended to
disable the Bluetooth adapter from installing a pseudo-USB
keyboard. The PCI enumeration may have changed with the new
powerbooks so that slot number is the USB OHCI port
controlling the keyboard.

 In addition, a verbose boot may also pick up what's going
wrong.

later,

Peter.