panic booting install CD

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 3 16:17:44 PST 2005

Hi Nathan,

> This works perfectly, as noted. I'm trying to install on a Powermac G4
> (well, a large variety of powermac g4s) that were affected by this
> problem -- and now I have a CD that kernel panics at boot, and one that
> doesn't, but can't do anything. Is there any way you could (a) provide
> directions for installing using sprg_test.iso (I tried using 2 CD
> drives, but can't figure out how to specify root correctly), (b) make a
> patched 6.0-RELEASE iso

  I'll knock up a 7.0-snap (just done with the 6.0-RELEASE) that will
have the fix in it. If you really need a 6.x based system, then it might
be a few days before I can MFC the fix back into that branch.

> (c) tell me how to make my own?

  It is possible, but by the time I'm finished writing the instructions,
the 7.0-snap would be built :)

later,

Peter.