Booting a 2nd rev 12" powerbook (1Ghz)

Frank Nobis fn at radio-do.de
Mon Feb 2 08:22:20 PST 2004

Zitat von Peter Grehan <peterg at ptree32.com.au>:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > Ok, there is not in fact a "interrupt-controller" node.  Where do we go
> > from here?  Is there any other useful info I can provide?  Let me know.
>
>   Thanks, that's all I needed. I've put an updated kernel with a new
> GEM ethernet PCI ID and a slightly different interrupt controller
> OFW probe which should fix your problem:
>
>    www.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel.p
>
>   Let me know how it goes. I think the next thing you will hit is
> that the ATA drive may not be probed, since I think the 12" P'Book
> has the 'Kauai' controller which isn't supported yet.
>
>   Frank, this should fix your 17" P'Book panic as well.

Well,

no panic any more, but no it stops after probing the DVD-R Drive

last messages are:

sc0: <System console> on nexus0
sc0: Unknown <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>
Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
acd0: DVDR <MATSHITADCD-R UJ-816> at ata0-master BIOSPIO

I booted the loader as described in the install.html and then booted the
kernel with  boot -s

Did I missed something?

Frank