Booting a 2nd rev 12" powerbook (1Ghz)

Peter Grehan peterg at ptree32.com.au
Sun Feb 1 17:23:09 PST 2004

Hi Peter,

> Ok, there is not in fact a "interrupt-controller" node.  Where do we go
> from here?  Is there any other useful info I can provide?  Let me know.

  Thanks, that's all I needed. I've put an updated kernel with a new
GEM ethernet PCI ID and a slightly different interrupt controller
OFW probe which should fix your problem:

   www.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel.p

  Let me know how it goes. I think the next thing you will hit is
that the ATA drive may not be probed, since I think the 12" P'Book
has the 'Kauai' controller which isn't supported yet.

  Frank, this should fix your 17" P'Book panic as well.

later,

Peter.