PPC miniinst.iso available

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 30 20:56:29 PST 2004

Hi Garance,

> I downloaded this okay, but if I try to use the image to burn a
> CD using 'Disk Utility' on my Mac (running 10.3.6), the program
> immediately crashes.  It crashes even before it asks me to insert
> a blank CD.  Attempts to burn other ISO images do not have this
> problem, including the previous  ppc-081304.iso  image.

  I haven't used Disk Utility - FreeBSD's burncd was used when
I did some testing. I have to confess: burncd causes an ATA panic
on the eMac, so I burnt on i386. Another bug to chase down :)

> I notice the new ISO is more than three times larger than the
> previous ISO, but I assume that is "A Good Thing".

  Yep, it should contain most of the same stuff as an i386 miniinst,
although I built NODOC and NOPORTS.

later,

Peter.