PPC miniinst.iso available

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Thu Dec 30 20:40:59 PST 2004

At 12:17 PM +1000 12/31/04, Peter Grehan wrote:
>The eMac cranked away for many hours without complaint
>to create:
>
>  http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/miniinst.iso

I downloaded this okay, but if I try to use the image to burn a
CD using 'Disk Utility' on my Mac (running 10.3.6), the program
immediately crashes.  It crashes even before it asks me to insert
a blank CD.  Attempts to burn other ISO images do not have this
problem, including the previous  ppc-081304.iso  image.

I notice the new ISO is more than three times larger than the
previous ISO, but I assume that is "A Good Thing".  I also
signed on to people.freebsd.org, and did an MD5 of the file
to make sure my copy was not corrupted during the download,
but my copy has the same md5 digest as the original.

It might be something haywire on this Mac, so you should probably
wait until someone else reports on their luck with it...  I'm
heading for home now, but I might try this if I come back in on
Sunday evening.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu