Darwin UFS Support?

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Wed Dec 15 06:27:19 PST 2004

>>>While this is only semi-related to the PPC port, I am curious if
>>>anyone has tried using the NetBSD code for mounting Darwin/Mac OS
>>>X-type UFS partitions?
>>
>>  I've not tried it with NetBSD, and I also haven't looked at what it
>>would take to merge into FreeBSD's UFS. Probably not trivial :-(
>
>It indeed seems non-trivial :(
>However the HFS+ module at http://people.freebsd.org/~yar/hfs/
>worked beautifully, last time I tried them, even on ppc.

Thank you Suleiman for the pointer.

Alas, from yar's web page:

"An Important Note on the Current Status of This Project

With very little motivation left to keep this project alive,  I'm
looking for a volunteer who can take it over. Until I find one,  new
releases of HFS for FreeBSD will be as likely as the rain in the
desert. Sorry."

:( number 3

I will give it a try regardless. This is probably more maintainable
than the NetBDS Darwin UFS code is portable - hopefully someone will
step up to do it.

Given that Fat32 code from Apple has been incorporated into base,
might yar's work also be a logical candidate?

Michael.