Darwin UFS Support?

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at daimi.au.dk
Wed Dec 15 19:03:46 PST 2004

Michael Dexter wrote:

> Ext2
> Mac drivers are at sourceforge and are reportedly stable. FreeBSD side
> would probably need sparse superblocks turned off as per Michael
> Lucas' "compat_linux the Hard Way" at onlamp (point compat_linux at a
> real RH install).

In my experience, the Ext2 drivers for Mac OS X work quite well. The
file system is not as fast as HFS+ or HFSX; for instance, showing
directory contents and deleting are significantly slower. But it's
probably better than FAT32 if you have the choice. One downside to Ext2
is that drivers for 10.4 might not become available until some time
after it's launch.

- Dan