Xfce, xfce4-terminal, and UTF-8

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Fri Jan 1 19:57:41 UTC 2021

On 01/01/21 20:12, George Mitchell wrote:
> I applied the patch from https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27846 to my ports
> tree and recompiled with no problems.  But it did not change the compose
> key behavior (still fails in xfce4-terminal but works elsewhere).

I actually have no idea. I don't know exactly how the compose key is
managed in Xorg.

My intuition is it's Xorg itself who is managing it, intercepting the
key presses before the application and sending it the result if any. But
I don't know for sure.

Also maybe the setting can be per application. Have you tried
configuring the compose key in XFCE settings?

Or setting it via command line before launching startxfce4?

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>