@sample surprises (dns/knot-resolver)

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Mon Apr 12 09:34:15 UTC 2021

As prep-work for CMake updates I locally "exp-run" all the ports that use
CMake. I use poudriere for this, with the `-t` flag to test each port.

dns/knot-resolver fails to package like that, with this error:

=======================<phase: package        >============================
===>  Building package for knot-resolver-5.3.0
@sample with 1 single argument expect ".sample" extension
pkg-static: Fail to apply keyword 'sample'
*** Error code 1

The same failure occurs on the build cluster. I checked the porter's handbook
and it describes 1- and 2-argument forms of @sample, but neither seemed
applicable here without digging into the port itself to rename the installed
configuration file. What's the right approach here?

(CC'ed maintainer and last committer; I'm going to locally stop building this
one in preparation of a CMake update)