cannot git clone into /usr/ports when separate filesystem

Marco Beishuizen mbeis.bsd at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 6 11:09:52 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to git clone the portstree into /usr/ports. /usr/ports is a
separate filesystem so it contains a .sujournal file. But now git
complains "fatal: destination path 'ports' already exists and is not an
empty directory."

So my question is what to do next? Recreating a new .sujournal every
time a ports tree needs to be cloned is quite annoying.

Regards,
Marco
--
It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have
been searching for evidence which could support this.