Any plan to fix ports git main history compatibility with old GitHub master?

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 23:05:44 UTC 2021

[The original send attempt for this failed somehow.]

Eric Turgeon ericbsd at freebsd.org wrote on
Mon Apr 5 20:33:22 UTC 2021 :

> Today when trying to sync the GhostBSD ports tree with the FreeBSD ports
> tree, I found out the main branch history is not compatible with the old
> GitHub master.
>
> Any plan to migrate to main with hold git history as we had with
> freebsd-src?

https://wiki.freebsd.org/git says in part (items not
completed):

QUOTE
Apr 4th lwhsu Enable push access to Git deploying to production env and verifying
Apr 5th lwhsu Enable push access to Git
Apr 6th lwhsu Enable push access to Git (worst-case)
      lwhsu Push “Welcome to Git” commit
      lwhsu Starting pushing to external mirrors (github, gitlab, etc.)
      portmgr 2021Q2 quarterly branch created
END QUOTE

Note the "Starting pushing to external mirrors (github, gitlab, etc.)"
that was added to the schedule on 2021-04-05 09:12:09 UTC. That might
be what you are waiting for. Still not listed as started, last I looked.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went