Build error - cannot run C compiled programs

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 27 14:39:55 UTC 2020

On 27 Sep 2020, at 15:35, D'Arcy Cain <darcy at druid.net> wrote:

> I am trying to build zoom on FreeBSD and it is failing with the following
> error in audio/linux-c7-alsa-plugins-oss:
>
> checking whether we are cross compiling... ELF binary type "0" not known.

The 'ELF binary type "0" not known' message indicates (rather poorly :)
that the kernel module for Linux has not been loaded.

Try running "kldload linux" and/or "kldload linux64" (if you require 64
bit Linux support) before building the port(s).

Once the ports are installed, add:

linux_enable="YES"

to your /etc/rc.conf, so support will be loaded at next boot.

-Dimitry