Donation to Foundation for Poudriere /opt builds! (Bounty?)

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Mon Nov 9 14:41:02 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 07:36:18PM +0900, Tatsuki Makino wrote:

> I tried deeper.
>
> Revert all changes. (reinstall poudriere, etc...)
>
> Make a new jail as poudriere jail -c -j opt ...

FWIW, this might have been the sticking point for me. I'm going to try
again. Last night RhodiumToad (Freenode) was looking at the environment I
was getting, and suggested that I needed to run cap_mkdb after changing
login.conf.

I was changing the shell script as Tatsuki suggested, but I now suspect
that that script only runs on jail creation, so I didn't actually have
cap_mkdb run after all, and the raw data sitting in login.conf didn't
matter.

So, I didn't follow your advice as completely as I ought to have, by dint
of not understanding that the script doesn't run on every (bulk) build.

I'll report back later today with results, and I'll take a scrape through
to see what else hardcodes /usr/local. One such place might be rescue
binaries, based on some of my grepping around last night. I'll see if I can
do a more thorough search once I've gotten the builds working.

--
Mason Loring Bliss   ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason at blisses.org     ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped