Donation to Foundation for Poudriere /opt builds! (Bounty?)

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Tue Nov 3 17:50:18 UTC 2020

On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 03:47:06PM +0900, Tatsuki Makino wrote:

> The rewriting there is done by function update_version_env in file
> /your_localbase/share/poudriere/jail.sh, so if you want to automate it,
> you need to change it.

Hrm. I added sed -e "s/:path=/&\/opt /" before the cap_mkdb, but that
seemed not to modify the existing file in the jail. I modified it by hand
and I see the modification still in place after another broken build, so I
assume that's correct. The file now appears has this:

:path=/opt/bin /opt/sbin /sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/bin ~/bin:\

I have LOCALBASE set in poudriere.conf. I get a different break if I set
PREFIX in that file.

I'd love to see someone's positive test result of such a build, as I'm
starting to suspect it's simply not possible without some bug correction.
The bit that makes me uncertain is that it's documented as working.

--
  Mason Loring Bliss         mason at blisses.org        http://blisses.org/
For more enjoyment and greater efficiency, consumption is being standardized.