Incorrect PYTHON_LIBDIR setting

George Mitchell george+freebsd at m5p.com
Fri Jul 31 20:04:53 UTC 2020

Locally, I have changed my default version of python to 3.8.
Specifically, in my etc/make.conf, I have:

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=python=3.8 python3=3.8

However, www/chromium/Makefile erroneously says:

    ${CP} ${PYTHONBASE}/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xcbgen/*.py \
 		${WRKDIR}/site-packages/xcbgen

and compiling www/chromium at revision 543833 fails, because of
course I don't have the py37 version of anything installed.
I figured I could fix this by substituting ${PYTHON_LIBDIR} for
${PYTHONBASE}/lib/python3.7, but that did not change anything.
I suspect the problem is in Mk/Uses/python.mk, but I confess I
don't understand that file very well.  I'm temporarily working
around the problem by substituting "python3.8" for "python3.7"
in the Makefile, but I could use a clue on the right way to fix
the problem.  Any suggestions?                       -- George