Porting Practice

Brandon helsley brandon.helsley at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 5 14:36:36 UTC 2020

In general:
 1. extract the original sources elsewhere
 2. hack it to compile
 3. compare the hacks against the original sources again to generate diffs.
 4. put the diffs into the files/ directory of the port
 5. Tweak the Makefile for all targets (fetch, extract, build, stage, etc)

Im not sure what "original sources" means or "hack it to compile". Really would you please go into more detail about the first three steps and explain the targets in step five? I understood your first message well and can get the nvidia-settings.patch placed in /tmp/ but before that step when I am supposed to... get the port working in my working directory I get stuck.