Porting Practice

Brandon helsley brandon.helsley at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 5 02:06:52 UTC 2020

This is my personal workflow:

  1. Take a simple copy of the port into my working directory

  2. Get the port working in my working directory.

  3. cd my-working-directory

  4. diff -ruN /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-settings .  >  /tmp/nvidia-settings.patch

  5. submit patch onto bugs.freebsd.org

Hope that helps.

Yes it does, I understand how it works now, I just needed an example, and I can compare this with other methods to figure it out. How do you get the port working in your directory? Is it poudriere testport? Thanks a ton.