Recent wordpress, huge compiling effort, needed?

Kurt Jaeger pi at opsec.eu
Wed Jul 1 11:41:40 UTC 2020

Hi!

> The recent update of www/wordpress ended in a compilation 'nightmare', because this port newly depends on ImageMagick:
[...]
> 1) Why does one need this dependency?

The wordpress install script checks if imagemagick is available, and
I'm not sure it's still optional.

Does your blog do lots of picture resizings etc ?

> 2) I could compile and install the updated port by removing RUN_DEPENDS within a couple of minutes.
>    Is this a safe approach, though?

Mostly, if you do not do fancy image work.

> 3) If 2) is a safe way to use wordpress remotely from a web browser, then would it possible to remove the dependency by an option? (CC'd this mail to maintainer)

Give it a try to use wordpress without that RUN_DEPENDS. If it
can be installed without it, and you don't need it...

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?