Discussion on moving manpages to ${PREFIX}/share/man

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu at utahime.org
Tue Jan 14 05:29:53 UTC 2020

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: Discussion on moving manpages to ${PREFIX}/share/man
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 09:22:01 +0100

> The discussion happened here: https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2017-March/018115.html
>
> For some reason I followed up on this only 1.5 years after, and don't know when
> I will do the manpage part ;)

I thought the discussion took place somewhere else but didn't imagine
it did more than one year and a half ago :-).

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 09:28:24 +0100

> Also note that we did change the manpath to include share/man in base in:
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=315053
> Followed by:
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=315142
>
> Which both have been merged to freebsd 11 and 12 so we can start thinking about
> doing it properly in ports.

I tried it by changing Mk/bsd.port.mk and Templates/BSD.local.dist and
found I need to change Makefile, pkg-plist and patches of lots lots
lots of ports. So I decided to do this work as my long term item ;-).

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA