Installing packaged firefox wants to install tesseract

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 11 10:36:04 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 02:10:57PM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just was wondering what this game has to do with the browser:
>
> pkg install firefox says:
>
> New packages to be INSTALLED:
>         firefox: 69.0.2_1,1
>         kf5-kholidays: 5.62.0
>         opencv: 3.4.1_24
>         tesseract: 4.1.0_3
>         tesseract-data: 4.0.0
>         aom: 1.0.0.2474
>
> Is this game really required to run a browser?

Run pkg upgrade first.

You probably end up with this because an installed package requires something
from new kde (kf5*) which ends up requiring tesseract (which is an OCR, not a
game ;))

pkg tries to be clever (and is not here) and try to fix a missing dependency
somewhere.

so first pkg upgrade, then pkg install, maybe also a pkg check -d if you still
have the issue.

Best regards,
Bapt