Many ports recently marked BROKEN/unfetchable that aren't broken?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 15 15:44:36 UTC 2019

On 15/11/2019 15:25, Nick Rogers wrote:
> For me the affected ports were sysutils/pftop, sysutils/zfs-stats, and
> sysutils/stress, which worked just fine before this commit. Apologies if I
> am missing something, but it seems like they are not actually broken?

If you were building these ports previously, then you probably have the
distfiles in your local distfiles cache already.  That will give the
impression that everything is fine if you just try and build the port.
If you didn't have a cached copy of the distfiles, then you'ld probably
have a rather different experience.

Although if you can show that the distfiles are now fetchable, eg. by:

     make distclean
     make fetch

then by all means please do report it.  A PR with patches is preferred,
but any reasonable mechanism for bringing it to the attention of
developers is acceptable.

	Cheers,

	Matthew