sphinx-build not found

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 19 01:15:22 UTC 2019

"Russell L. Carter" <rcarter at pinyon.org> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> Quite a few ports are now being skipped by the not unheard of
> problem with "sphinx-build not found".  Including llvm6 and 7.
> I've checked UPDATING and google, but no hints, other than this
> problem has happened in the past.

Did you change default python version recently? sphinx-build (unversioned)
is installed only for default python flavor. For example,

1. Build textproc/py-sphinx at py36
2. As python defaults to 2.7 only versioned binaries are installed
3. Set DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=python=3.6
4. Try to build devel/cmake, devel/llvm70, etc.
5. poudriere uses existing py36-sphinx package
6. Bustage due to missing unversioned symlinks
7. Force rebuild textproc/py-sphinx at py36
8. devel/cmake, devel/llvm70, etc. build fine