sphinx-build not found

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 19 00:33:52 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 05:03:54PM -0700, Russell L. Carter wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Quite a few ports are now being skipped by the not unheard of
> problem with "sphinx-build not found".  Including llvm6 and 7.
> I've checked UPDATING and google, but no hints, other than this
> problem has happened in the past.
>
> Is there something I can do or should I just be patient?  NBD
> if I need to be patient.

Hmm, textproc/py-sphinx should be installing sphinx-build.  I wonder if
there's an edge case your config is triggering where the flavor that gets
installed isn't the one with the unversioned script.

I'd rather not depend on a fixed flavor in llvm[67]0, but if there's
someting I'm not understanding about python port flavors, I could follow
what I did in llvm-devel to allow py-recommonmark to work reliably.

-- Brooks