Config inconsistency for firefox-esr on rpi2

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon Feb 25 23:54:40 UTC 2019

bob prohaska wrote on 2019/02/25 00:23:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 11:12:47PM +0100, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>>
>> This actually means that you have to rebuild the *gtk3* port with
>> WAYLAND enabled.  It could be worded a little better, maybe. :)
>>

> Indeed, it could be worded much better.....8-\
>
> There doesn't seem to be a port named gtk3, but there are quite a few
> with gtk3 in the name. The most likely candidates seem to be:
> /usr/ports/www/webkit2-gtk3
> /usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk3
> /usr/ports/www/vimb-gtk3
> /usr/ports/devel/gwenhywfar-gtk3
> /usr/ports/x11/keybinder-gtk3
> /usr/ports/net/avahi-gtk3
> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/rubygem-gtk3
> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/wxgtk30
> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk30
> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/wxgtk31
> /usr/ports/audio/libcanberra-gtk3
>
> My first guess would be /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk30, is that right?

Take a look at a dependencies of firefox-esr
https://www.freshports.org/www/firefox-esr/

in build dependencies:
gtk3>=3.14.6 : x11-toolkits/gtk30

in library dependencies:
libgtk-x11-2.0.so : x11-toolkits/gtk20
libgtk-3.so : x11-toolkits/gtk30

quite confusing gtk20 vs gtk30...

gtk20 has not option WAYLAND so you need to rebuild gtk30 with option
WAYLAND enabled.

Miroslav Lachman