FreeCAD 0.17 - is anyone using it?

Russell L. Carter rcarter at pinyon.org
Sat Feb 16 18:27:06 UTC 2019

On 2/16/19 9:14 AM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt at burggraben.net>
> wrote:
>
>> ## Torfinn Ingolfsen (tingox at gmail.com):
>>
>>> root at kg-core1# cmake --find-package -DNAME=Coin3D -DCOMPILER_ID=clang
>>> -DLANGUAGE=CXX -DMODE=LINK
>>> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libCoin.so
>>
>> That looks completely right. But the error message was
>>    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lCoin
>> so something else pushed that "-lCoin" into the command. Can you
>> provide the full build log? Perhaps Mehmet was right and we need to
>> re-find Coin; but then: it works in a clean environment, and from
>> the linker error I rather suspect that some other component is pushing
>> "-lCoin" into the linker command line. I'll be traveling with much
>> reduced acces to my FreeBSD next week: answers will be delayed.
>> Perhaps you can do some digging by yourself?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christoph
>>
>> --
>>

> CMakeLists.txt exists in /src/GUI/ directories :
>

> https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/CMakeLists.txt
> ( Coin is referenced )
>

> https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/Quarter
> ( Coin is referenced )
>

> https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/Stylesheets
> ( Coin is NOT referenced )
>

> https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/CMakeLists.txt
> ( Coin is NOT referenced )
>

> In
>
> https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/CMakeLists.txt
>
> Starting from Line 903 :
>

> # -------------------------------- Coin3D --------------------------------
>
>          find_package(Coin3D REQUIRED)
>          if(NOT COIN3D_FOUND)
>              MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "=================\n"
>                                  "Coin3D not found.\n"
>                                  "=================\n")
>          endif(NOT COIN3D_FOUND)
>
> # ------------------------------ Spaceball -------------------------------
>

> You may include
>

> find_package(Coin3D REQUIRED)
>
> statement into CMakeLists.txt file , where Coin is referenced , but not
> searched .
>

> A similar action may be applied other "Not found Libraries and Include
> directories" .
>

> Also check libCoin.so  .
> In Fedora 28 x86_64 , there is NO  libCoin.so ,  but  libCoin.so.60    .
>
> In your system , if there is no libCoin.so in its related directory , it
> may be necessary to specify its existent name in CMakeLists.txt files , ,
> or  copy it into a file named as libCoin.so .

FYI, I have nearly got FreeCAD-git + Coin-hg + QT5 + med-4.0.0
building outside of ports, installing to /usr/local/pkg subdirs.  Both
Coin-hg and med-4.0.0 build w/o any substantial FreeBSD specific
changes and pass all their internal tests.  Coin-hg is getting commits
in the last weeks, and has a fully functional cmake build system now.
I'm doing this so that I can run the exact same versions on
Debian-testing.  Debian is scandalously slow in updating packages.

Right now I've got a single linking issue which should be solved
shortly, (strategizing on relinking FreeCAD w/o needing to recompile),
and then I'm going to attack the FreeCAD testing workspace.

I've been building on an 8 core system but am moving to a 32 core
system today.  I bought the big guy used from natex.us, and it is
fabulous for poudriere builds.

Regards,
Russell