FreeCAD 0.17 - is anyone using it?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:15:01 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt at burggraben.net>
wrote:

> ## Torfinn Ingolfsen (tingox at gmail.com):
>
> > root at kg-core1# cmake --find-package -DNAME=Coin3D -DCOMPILER_ID=clang
> > -DLANGUAGE=CXX -DMODE=LINK
> > -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libCoin.so
>
> That looks completely right. But the error message was
>   /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lCoin
> so something else pushed that "-lCoin" into the command. Can you
> provide the full build log? Perhaps Mehmet was right and we need to
> re-find Coin; but then: it works in a clean environment, and from
> the linker error I rather suspect that some other component is pushing
> "-lCoin" into the linker command line. I'll be traveling with much
> reduced acces to my FreeBSD next week: answers will be delayed.
> Perhaps you can do some digging by yourself?
>
> Regards,
> Christoph
>
> --

CMakeLists.txt exists in /src/GUI/ directories :

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/CMakeLists.txt
( Coin is referenced )

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/Quarter
( Coin is referenced )

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/Gui/Stylesheets
( Coin is NOT referenced )

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/src/CMakeLists.txt
( Coin is NOT referenced )

In

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob/releases/FreeCAD-0-17/CMakeLists.txt

Starting from Line 903 :

# -------------------------------- Coin3D --------------------------------

        find_package(Coin3D REQUIRED)
        if(NOT COIN3D_FOUND)
            MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "=================\n"
                                "Coin3D not found.\n"
                                "=================\n")
        endif(NOT COIN3D_FOUND)

# ------------------------------ Spaceball -------------------------------

You may include

find_package(Coin3D REQUIRED)

statement into CMakeLists.txt file , where Coin is referenced , but not
searched .

A similar action may be applied other "Not found Libraries and Include
directories" .

Also check libCoin.so  .
In Fedora 28 x86_64 , there is NO  libCoin.so ,  but  libCoin.so.60    .

In your system , if there is no libCoin.so in its related directory , it
may be necessary to specify its existent name in CMakeLists.txt files , ,
or  copy it into a file named as libCoin.so .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk