poudriere and forcing depends

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Tue Sep 18 01:02:36 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:53 PM Carmel NY <carmel_ny at outlook.com> wrote:

> I have come across several ports that poudriere builds with the wrong
> dependencies.
>
> I have MySQL 8.0 installed by poudriere. I wanted to install
> "databases/mysqlbackup" When built using the system "make install" command, it
> works fine. However, when I attempt to build it with poudriere, poudriere
> insists on installing MySQL 5.6 and removing MySQL 8.0. I have had a similar
> problem with PHP72 and poudriere.
>
> Either I am doing something incorrectly or else there is a problem with the
> way poudriere is choosing what dependencies to use.
>
> --
> Carmel

How are you specifying mysql 8 to poudriere? It sounds like that might
be where the problem is, because it's picking up the default (5.6).

Keep in mind that poudriere doesn't use the system
/etc/make.conf---you'll need to create one in
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d (see the "Create optional make.conf"
section of poudriere(8) for a list of make.conf names that it'll
check).

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger