poudriere and forcing depends

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Tue Sep 18 00:52:53 UTC 2018

I have come across several ports that poudriere builds with the wrong
dependencies.

I have MySQL 8.0 installed by poudriere. I wanted to install
"databases/mysqlbackup" When built using the system "make install" command, it
works fine. However, when I attempt to build it with poudriere, poudriere
insists on installing MySQL 5.6 and removing MySQL 8.0. I have had a similar
problem with PHP72 and poudriere.

Either I am doing something incorrectly or else there is a problem with the
way poudriere is choosing what dependencies to use.

--
Carmel