How to exclude some sparse files from LICENSE_DISTFILES

Lorenzo Salvadore phascolarctos at protonmail.ch
Sun Oct 7 12:25:11 UTC 2018

Hello.

I am trying to adopt and update a port which has no license specified.
Almost all files are under public domain, but there are some exceptions, not all
in the same directories, so I would need to assign to LICENSE_DISTFILES_PD
a value that means "all files are under public domain unless otherwise stated".

I thought I could use something like LICENSE_DISTFILES_PD!=$(find ... ), but I know
that != is discouraged ( https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2008-July/049777.html ).

Is there some nice solution to this problem? Maybe just not defining LICENSE_DISTFILES_PD?
Defining an ALMOSTPD license?

Thanks.

Lorenzo Salvadore.