FreeBSD Palemoon branding violation

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Wed Feb 7 09:17:16 UTC 2018

On 2018-Feb-06 22:32:46 -0800, "Dan Mahoney (Gushi)" <freebsd at gushi.org> wrote:
>My $dayjob is with a company that makes open-source software which we
>redistribute under the MPL.  I've shared that link with our team as an
>example of the absolute wrong way to go about engaging with the community.

Most definitely.  I notice that Palemoon claims to be "free software" and
links to https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html as a definition of "free
software".  One of the "four essential freedoms" listed on that page is "The
freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3)"
- and it is precisely the exercise of that "freedom" that Matt A. Tobin is
objecting to.

--
Peter Jeremy