security/clamav-milter fails to compile (preliminary patch included)

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Sat Dec 22 20:37:01 UTC 2018

Carmel NY <carmel_ny at outlook.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 20:23:39 +0100, Michael Grimm stated:

>> Hmm, I do get the feeling that you misunderstand what I am telling you.

See, below.

>> Next, that poudriere jail keeps a copy of a resulting "make buildworld" run
>> of base. This jail is lacking any binary/library of ports running on my
>> machine. Thus, libmilter.so is missing as well:
>>
>> 	mike> find /usr/home/poudriere/jails/stable -name "libmilter.so*" -ls
>> 	mike>
>
> Michael, I am certainly not a guru regarding poudriere, or system updating.

Sorry, I didn't want you to believe I am getting "personal". Sorry.

> I just now what I was told. Perhaps Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org> or
> somebody with more knowledge about this than I can assist you.
>
> All I know for certain is that I was told to update the poudriere jail, I
> actually deleted the old one and created a new one, and then do a forced
> rebuild of all installed ports. The following worked for me, after I created
> a new jail. Obviously, the jail name here is mine.
>
>  portmaster --list-origins | sort -d | tee "~/portlist.txt"
>  poudriere bulk -c -f "~/portlist.txt" -j "12amd64"
>  pkg upgrade -y
>
> ~ $ poudriere jail -l
> JAILNAME VERSION         ARCH  METHOD TIMESTAMP           PATH
> 12amd64  12.0-RELEASE-p1 amd64 ftp    2018-12-21 18:25:41 /usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64
>
> ~ $ locate libmilter.so
> /usr/lib/libmilter.so
> /usr/lib/libmilter.so.6
> /usr/lib32/libmilter.so
> /usr/lib32/libmilter.so.6
> /usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib/libmilter.so
> /usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib/libmilter.so.6
> /usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib32/libmilter.so
> /usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib32/libmilter.so.6

See, that is what I was describing. You do have sendmail installed in base, and thus, the libmilter library will make it into your poudriere build jail, and security/clamav-milter will find a libmilter library -in base!- during compilation and will link this library. Thus, this port will compile in your case, because it is using libmilter.so from base, not from the mail/libmilter port!

FYI: I did trigger this bug because I do compile base without sendmail (WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=yes in /etc/src.conf)! Thus, no "chance finding" of /usr/lib/libmilter.so.X in base aka my poudriere jail during my compilation.

Regards,
Michael