security/clamav-milter fails to compile (preliminary patch included)

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Sat Dec 22 20:10:45 UTC 2018

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 20:23:39 +0100, Michael Grimm stated:

>Carmel NY <carmel_ny at outlook.com> wrote:

>>> Sorry, s/clamav-libmilter/clamav-milter/g
>>
>> Did you update the poudriere jail to 12.0? I had a similar problem until I
>> undated it and did a forced rebuild of everything. In fact, I found it
>> easier and quicker to simple delete the existing jail and create a new
>> one.
>
>Hmm, I do get the feeling that you misunderstand what I am telling you.
>
>My poudriere's jail follows /usr/src. Thus at every rebuild of my OS (I do
>that every other week because I am following STABLE-12) my jail gets
>upgraded as well:
>
>	mike> poudriere jail -l
>	JAILNAME VERSION             ARCH  METHOD       TIMESTAMP
>	PATH stable   12.0-STABLE 1200500 amd64 src=/usr/src 2018-12-22
>	18:19:50 /usr/home/poudriere/jails/stable
>
>Next, that poudriere jail keeps a copy of a resulting "make buildworld" run
>of base. This jail is lacking any binary/library of ports running on my
>machine. Thus, libmilter.so is missing as well:
>
>	mike> find /usr/home/poudriere/jails/stable -name "libmilter.so*" -ls
>	mike>
>
>Now, poudriere will create (cpdup) as many jails
>from /usr/home/poudriere/jails/stable as told to use builders. This "OS
>copy" is lacking the needed libmilter library as well, when poudriere is
>trying to build security/clamav-milter. And it will fail without indicating
>that there is a dependency for yet another port, namely mail/libmilter. My
>proposed patch will deal with that dependency.
>
>YMMV, but IMHO, a port shouldn't rely on pre-installed libraries from base
>or other ports. Thus it shouldn't need a "forced rebuild of everything".
>
>Correct me if I am mistaken, but IIRC the libmilter library used to be part
>of sendmail in base. This has been modified in FBSD 12, again IIRC [1].
>
>Regards,
>Michael
>

>[1] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=473663

Michael, I am certainly not a guru regarding poudriere, or system updating. I
just now what I was told. Perhaps Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org> or
somebody with more knowledge about this than I can assist you.

All I know for certain is that I was told to update the poudriere jail, I
actually deleted the old one and created a new one, and then do a forced
rebuild of all installed ports. The following worked for me, after I created
a new jail. Obviously, the jail name here is mine.

  portmaster --list-origins | sort -d | tee "~/portlist.txt"
  poudriere bulk -c -f "~/portlist.txt" -j "12amd64"
  pkg upgrade -y

~ $ poudriere jail -l
JAILNAME VERSION         ARCH  METHOD TIMESTAMP           PATH
12amd64  12.0-RELEASE-p1 amd64 ftp    2018-12-21 18:25:41 /usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64

~ $ locate libmilter.so
/usr/lib/libmilter.so
/usr/lib/libmilter.so.6
/usr/lib32/libmilter.so
/usr/lib32/libmilter.so.6
/usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib/libmilter.so
/usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib/libmilter.so.6
/usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib32/libmilter.so
/usr/local/poudriere/jails/12amd64/usr/lib32/libmilter.so.6

Good Luck!

--
Carmel