Ports and Packages

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Fri Apr 20 14:34:50 UTC 2018

On 04/20/18 15:53, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> Due to a mistake (...) I now got a mix of ports and packageson my BSD
> system.
>
> Can someone advise how to savely switch to packages only on this live
> system?

"pkg upgrade -f <list of installed packages>" is the only way that comes
to mind. It all depends on your definition of "safely". There is a fixed
inherent risk to such operations.

If the ports you installed locally all used default options there is
relatively little chance of disruption. If you used custom options there
could be problems or missing functionality.

Apart from that pkg upgrade itself usually does the right thing and
should not be causing problems itself.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>